I taught this one in it’s entirety for the first time today. I did an extra class this morning too because I was helping out another instructor. I taught tracks 5 onwards and it was a huge class at Burnside. Great class.
Then I had an hour break for when I drove to my own class at Modbury. Then during this class I encountered the back track yet again and suddenly realise that this is NO EASY TRACK! It was at this point that my BUTT really began hurting…..to such an extreme point that I didn’t think I could do it. But hey, as instructors we just HAVE to do it…..right? 😯
During this track while I was teaching I jokingly told the class “ok ok, this is hurting…….right now I don’t wanna be here anymore!” I’m pretty sure they felt the pain too, so I know they understood 😉
I’m really not liking this release anymore 😆
1. Tai chi is absolutely beautiful. When I look back to the old tai chi tracks we used to do, Jackie is just making it better and better. Each tai chi sequence we do is very unique and this one matches the song perfectly. As well as the fact that this has been a long time favourite song of mine.
2. Awesome song. I like the way we do the first sequence slower the first time around. This really gives good time to coach through the moves and help the technique. The consecutive rounds return to normal speed and you can just go with it. Another fabulous song by Conjure One aswell.
3. This is another great track and thankfully not quite as difficult as some of the previous tracks. Nice to have a bit of relief, especially considering what’s coming up in track 7 😯
4. Ok I hated this song in Combat and I hate it here too. Oh well, I guess there will be some lovers of Opera music. Can’t complain about the chorrey though. I love the fact bird pose is back, it’s just a pity that I hate the song so much.
5. This is a fav song, that says it all really. Who cares about the chorrey, I’m too busy singing 😉 Love the new stuff in this hip track, although I have to say it’s challenging my clicky hip. I don’t remember having problems with my hips for such a long time now, but the new pose in this one does make my hip click if I’m not careful. I just have to concentrate on stretching long and reaching down through my toes to keep my hip stable. It also clicks when we sit down from the pose at the end. I haven’t found a comfortable way around this yet.
6. Simple, sweet, effective. I think it’s ok, although there’s nothing that jumps out at me that makes it special for me or anything.
7. OK I’ve already spoken about this track………I’m not giving it any further discussion 😯 😆
8. Fav song of mine. Hurt by Christina Aguilera. Downdog twist is back, although the setup feels a little short. I feel like it’s a bit difficult to coach the options in this one, since by the time I’ve got everyone facing the right way with the hand to the right leg, it’s time to move on. But apart from that awesome track, one of my favs.
9. Definately one of my fav songs. Great stretches and love the new spiral type move. Stretches the whole body and feels good. Doesn’t get any better.
10 & 11. No particular complaints here. Nice music although doesn’t strike me as outstanding. I think I was thinking about my sore butt too much 😉