When I first started announcing to participants that I was going, I planned on doing an “aussie mix” for them, but then with the Apeldoorn gym ditching me over a technicality with a contract that doesn’t, as far as I know, appear to exist, I wasn’t sure if I’d get a chance to say goodbye to all the participants with an aussie mix of songs.
But last night I got a message from Epe asking if I could teach this week. Apparently the instructor they had to replace me has heart troubles and ended up in hospital. So I quickly tried to whip up some Aussie tracks but didn’t quite have time to learn all of them.
So this is what I ended up with:
1. Silver BB18 (no aussie songs for this one)
2. We’re all beautiful BB21 (Didn’t have the video for Goodnight Moon in my ipod and had no time to get out the DVD)
3. God’s Top 10 BB34 (ALWAYS know the chorrey for this one and it’s a standing strength classic)
4. All for believing (BB30)
5. Shiver (thanks for this one Pam, love the track and it’s easy chorrey to remember)
6. Family Affair BB22 (haven’t done this one in ages and no aussie ab tracks)
7. The Rising BB22 (just followed on from the same release for the ab track. Had planned Counting down the days, but didn’t have time to go over the chorrey)
8. No Ordinary Thing
9. Veni Redemptor Gentium BB22 (was going to do Bathe in the river, but during the class wasn’t confident I knew the chorrey well enough, so I pulled out this old classic at the last minute)
10. Evenstar BB21
11. Song From A Secret Garden (Songs are used in Lord of the Rings, which is filmed in NZ, so it kinda fits )
The participants really liked this mix and it got a huge reaction after the class, especially because they’re not used to much mixing. In particular "Silver" got a huge reaction immediately after the track, with participants responding with "heerlijk"……….which is a pretty huge compliment in Dutch 🙂