This release I think is slowly growing on me a bit more. I never disliked this release, but I guess with lower energy levels due to being pregnant I’m finding everything getting harder to learn and keep into. I didn’t make it through combat at the workshop cuz I’d already done pump and attack, and so part of me is frustrated at not having done it.
However, teaching it the first time tonight was fun.
1 – Love the warmup, it’s pretty cool. The shuffle-ginga’s are awkward to pick up for the first couple of reps but once you’ve got it, you’ve got it. I felt so uncoordinated when I tried it at the workshop, but then I was also exhausted at that point and I was dizzy cuz I guess my blood sugars were low.
2. Fairly straight foward chorrey to learn. Catchy music. I like this one.
3. This was the last track I did at the workshop, and at that point I was struggling somehow with the timing. My brain must have been way out of it, cuz there’s really no issue at all. Ok track.
4. Choreography wise I love this track, huge challenge and you’re legs just get heavier and heavier. I love it. The music though……hmmm, can’t really get into the music for this one.
5. Not sure about the music on this one either, don’t like the repetitive “down” “down”. Probably not one of my fav tracks since I feel like the SBDP is out of place here. It’s a good introduction for members before they unleash with it in muay thai, however I felt it was special as a muay thai bash the crap out of someone move. It doesn’t feel right in a jingly techno song.
6. Awesome. I was getting over Pink, but this one works. I love the sparring feel. Initially I had reservations cuz my concern is that the chorrey would encourage sloppier technique, but on the other hand it kinda simulates sparring and real life defence, which in reality you can’t always use perfect technique when you’re trying to stop someone from killing you 😉
7. Not bad…..I always love unleashing with the street brawl. Nothing ever feels as good as “So What” though, but I think this one does alright.
8. Awesome, a chance to stop thinking. After the barrage of the last 40 minutes or so participants need this break mentally. Love the song, we’ve had a few great track 8’s in a row now 😉
9. Fantastic for something different, a bit of a smash and burn approach. No holds barred, no messing around, just a hundred or so crunches, lol. I haven’t counted them all yet, but there’s a lot.
10. Cool cooldown! I love this song, the kata is scary initially…..freaked my wrists out a bit. Forget the splits though, it’s not gonna happen!
I did this at our quarterlies last Saturday and even though I think I have a pretty high energy level, it sucked the life right out of me — especially since we did the tracks totally without breaks.
Track 6 is Rihanna, though, not Pink.
whoops, I didn’t even look at the tracklist, no wonder I like the song then………Rihanna it is!
I do like Pink’s latest song “cuz I can” though 😉
Not that it’s in combat…..
I was wondering if you could help me. I have been doing combat since it first came out and I really love an old track on tape 10 song number 5 called “My Sharona”.
I only remember the first part which is a side kick then a punch to that side then a side kick to the other side with the punch.
I ask my Instructor at Fitness first to do it and he said that finding the music wouldnt be a problem but its the chory that would be hard to learn. Do you know of anyone that could help me to help my instructor to learn this?
Maybe put it on youtube or something?
I dont know…..